by Kitty Nash
"Accept" means to receive. Example: I accept your invitation.
"Except" means to omit or to exempt. Example: Everyone except Bill will attend.
Practice What You've Learned
Exercises are reserved for account holders.
Please log in.
- Click the word that correctly completes each sentence.
- She will (accept) (except) the Nobel Peace Prize in June.
- We have visited every state (accept) (except) Maine.
- I like every flavor (accept) (except) vanilla.
- We must (accept) (except) the court's decision.
- Everyone will approve of my decision (except) (accept) Dad.
- Her boasting is hard to (accept) (except).
- He is (accepted) (excepted) by his teammates.
- (Accepting) (Excepting) the crowd's praise, he bowed.
- (Accept) (Except) for Bill, the entire class attended.
- Her love of science is the (acception) (exception) the award.